Sunday, April 27, 2008

One Proud Mom and Dad


My cute husband and proud dad that he is, actually made the last post of announcing the birth our beautiful baby girl! I didn't know he had made the post until later that night. I was very surprised to see that he made a post. When I sort of started this blog a few months back he told me it was a "girl" thing and he would never "blog". Well...he did! and I love it! It shows just a little how proud he is of his little girl, but he did tell me jokingly not to tell anyone because he thinks he'll be made fun of. (how cute is that)hehe
I can't believe it has been 5 weeks since our baby Berkley came into this world. It has gone by so quickly but yet it seems that she has been our little girl and that we have known her forever. This is the first post I have made since her birth because I told myself I would not blog until I had all the thank you notes done to all the very kind people that have given us gifts, brought us dinner, came to visit or a phone call etc. Well... I am still working on those thank you notes. So to those of you who have not yet received one, be patient with me, you will. To our family, friends, neighbors and people in our ward, thank you so much for thinking of us and welcoming our new little girl. Also, thank you for your comments, they mean a lot.



Nick and I are anxiously awaiting to meet our baby girl while I'm going through some major labor pains. I think this picture was taken right before I started vomiting everywhere!!! gross!
Mom holding baby Berkley moments after she was born. It was the best feeling in the world!(for the second time)
Two very happy and proud parents!!!!
I got really emotional when Boston walked in the room, and saw his baby sister for the first time. Tears filled my eyes, I was overjoyed! He jumped right in the bed with me and was so excited to meet his new little sister. He has loved his sister from the first second he saw her and he has been a wonderful big brother ever since!

Yay!!! I finally made a Post!!!

The date is wrong for some reason. I posted this on 5/6/08

10 comments:

The Himmerich's said...

Hallie so tears are running down my face. You guys are so awesome I love you all very much. Keep posting its the only way I feel in touch with the fam. Love you Kristi

carrie said...

I'm so glad to read another post from you ....and see some new pictures!! I got choked up listening to the song you have playing...and then the whole "new baby" thing. Sooo special, isn't it?? Well, I would love to get together with you sometime. Maybe when Nat is in town?? I hope you know you can get a hold of me if you ever need ANYTHING. I think the world of you, Hallie...and I would love to help in any way!! You guys are an adorable family, and I'm so happy that you're happy. :o)

Ben and Natalie said...

Yea for a new post!! I have been waiting so patiently. :) j/k I love your little story and I am looking forward to more pictures. So I come into town in about a week and a half and I am soooo excited to see you and your family. I still can't believe that you have two kids. Well, I love you and I will see you in a week or so. :)

Julie Knowlton said...

Oh, Hallie that was so great to read! It made me feel like I was there. We love you guys mucho.

P.S. I love that Nick made that last post. :)

About us... said...

hallie! you have the cutest family! when can i come see you guys!??! well she is beautiful! love ya hallie!

Julie Knowlton said...

nick is blogging now? does he watch Ellen with you too?

The Vigil's said...

Oh my gosh I know exactly what you mean about boston walking into the room and you crying! I did the same thing when Oklan wlked into the room when I had Jake! You guys are such great parents and little berkeley (did I spell it right) is so sweet! I am so happy for you guys. And I agree Nick is a great proud dad. And you are such a great mom! Good job on posting by the way!!

Amelia said...

Hallie- I found your blog through the grape vine. I am so excited for you. You kids are so cute- and lucky to be yours. Love Ya- Amelia- My blog is private- so email me and I will let you in. ameliaemett@yahoo.com

carrie said...

Hi again, Hallie!! Will you please send me your email address?? Mine is CARRIELCHRISTENSEN@MSN.COM

I don't have it to send you a blog invite. Plus, I just need it anyway to keep tabs on you!! ;o) Love you and hope you and your cute family are doing well!!

Lindsay Clegg Sundloff said...

Halle,
If two posts from me show up don't be surprised. I am being a dork this morning and I thought I already sent this. Anyway, it sounds like we missed out on Sat. night at Chris' house. That's what we get for living in Tooele. All I need from you is the text and pics you want on the card. You can email those to: info@sun-cottage.com
I will also need the size and how many you want. Typically 25 or more 4x6's run about $1 a piece. Thanks for posting on my blog. Talk to you soon.
Lins